IPL 2023 Format and New Rules: In order to bring the enthusiasm of the game back to its native location, the Indian Premier League 2023 will be played under a home-and-away format. Each of the 10 contending clubs will face off against one another in a total of 74 matches throughout the IPL 2023 season. (New Format and Rules).
A group stage will be used to play out the competition, followed by playoffs to decide the winner. 2019 marked the competition’s final year of using this home-and-away format. With the COVID-19 epidemic that took place three years ago, the BCCI was forced to make a lot of changes in order to efficiently host the tournament.
The Indian Premier League’s (IPL) venues have been limited for the previous three seasons by the International Cricket Council (ICC) . The IPL was played in Mumbai and Pune in 2022; it started in a few Indian cities in 2021 before going to the United Arab Emirates; and it was totally played in the UAE in 2020. (New Format and Rules).
The most recent competition was held in six different cities, including Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad. Four distinct venues in Mumbai and one in Pune hosted league stage matches, while Kolkata and Ahmedabad hosted the playoffs, respectively. (New Format and Rules)
Each side will participate in a total of 14 league matches during the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League. Seven of those 14 games will be played on their home field, and the remaining seven will be on the opponent’s field (away). (New Format and Rules)
IPL New Format 2023
IPL 2023 Format: This year’s IPL will have a similar structure to last year’s, however different venues will be used. The following are the IPL 2023 format specifics:
- The ten teams are divided into two groups, each consisting of five different teams.
- The groupings, as well as the individuals who perform the roles in each group once and twice, were decided by chance.
- During the group stage, each team will compete in a total of 14 games. During this stage, each team will play the other four teams in their group twice (once at home and once away), the remaining four teams once, and the remaining team twice.
- IPL teams gain two points for each game they win, according to the league’s scoring system. The squad that ends up coming in last place will receive no points. In the case of a draw or a stalemate, each team will be awarded one point for their efforts.
- Following the completion of the group stage, there is a four-game playoff round that follows the Page playoff format. There will be a total of four games played during the postseason.
- The first match of the qualifying stage has the top two teams from the group stage competing against one another.
- In the round of elimination, between the teams that finished third and fourth in their respective groups.
IPL 2023 Updated Rules
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) brought up a significant new development in the history of the Indian Premier League when they established the Impact Player Rule for the 2023 season of the tournament. The regulations of the competition will, with one notable difference, be exactly the same as they were in the previous version. The following is a rundown of the specifics of the rules for the 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League:
- In the Indian Premier League 2023, each inning will have a total of two DRS available to the batsmen.
- Players in the Indian Premier League have the ability to review wides and no-balls if they so want.
- In the case that the incoming batsman is removed from the game due to a catch, he will be given a strike regardless of whether or not the other batters have crossed the line. The one and only time that you are allowed to break this rule is when it is the last ball of the over.
- The BCCI shall make every endeavor to reschedule the match for a later stage in the IPL 2023 season in the event that any side is unable to identify its playing Eleven as a result of COVID-19.
- In the event that postponing the match is not feasible, the issue will be investigated by the IPL Technical Team.
- During the Playoffs and the Final, if the Super Over or subsequent Super Overs are unable to be concluded due to some reason, then the club that finished higher in the league will be declared the winner and get the title of champion.
How does the Impact Player Rule work?
- If there are less than four foreign players in the playing Eleven, then the Impact Player can be any player from any country other than India.
- As an Impact Player, you can only use a player from another country if they are one of the four substitutes that are listed on the squad sheet. If a team choose to use an international player as an Impact Player throughout the course of a match, there will never be room for a fifth foreign player on the field.
- In addition to the starting X1, teams are required to select four substitutes before the coin toss. However, only one of those substitutes can be used in a position that allows them to have an impact on the game.
- The Captain will put forward a candidate for the Impact Player role.
- Impact Players are fielded at the beginning of an inning, after the completion of an over, after the fall of a wicket, or after the retirement of a batter at any stage throughout an over.
- Players who are removed from the field and replaced by Impact Players are referred to as “Replaced Players,” and they are ineligible to continue playing in the game or to return as substitute fielders.
- According to the rules set forth by the BCCI, an Impact Player may not take on the role of captain.
- In the case that it is required, it is possible for an Impact Player to take the place of a hitter who has retired.
- Each game gives each club the opportunity to use one of their Impact Players. a………. It is up to the teams to determine whether or not they will use the Impact Player.
- In the event that a player sustains an injury while playing the field in the middle of an inning, he will not be permitted to continue playing even if the club decides to replace him with an impact player.
- In the case that an impact player sustains an injury while the game is in progress, a substitute fielder may only replace the injured player provided the umpires are pleased with the decision.
- It is not permitted for the replacement to bowl or act in the role of captain.
- According to the regulations of the game, the team that has a player come off the field for a substitute will have to serve the appropriate amount of penalty time for both hitting and fielding.
IPL 2023 Auction Rules
Auction Rules for the IPL 2023 The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) recently made the decision to organize the Indian Premier League 2023 micro auction rather than the IPL 2022 mega auction. As a result of this decision, franchises have the distinct advantage of being able to retain the majority of their players from the previous season. (New Format and Rules).
- No organization will be allowed to invest more in a player than they do currently have.
- Each team’s total budget must be spent by at least 75%.
- The Right to Match (RTM) card option won’t be available to franchisees.
- No side may have more than 25 players, and each squad must have at least 18 players.
- Each franchise may have a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 25 Indian players. Similar to this, the IPL 2023 roster for each team has an upper limit of 8 foreign players but no lower limit.
IPL 2023 Teams’ Home Field
The home and away format will be utilized for the 2018 edition of the Indian Premier League, as confirmed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). As a direct consequence of this, supporters will be paying close attention to the venues in which each team plays their home games. The following is some information about the home grounds for the 2023 Indian Premier League season. Once the formal announcements have been made, this page will have any adjustments that have been made (if any) updated:
|Rajasthan Royals||Sawai Mansingh Stadium|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium|
|Punjab Kings||Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium|
|Chennai Super Kings||M. A. Chidambaram Stadium|
|Gujarat Titans||Narendra Modi Stadium|
|Mumbai Indians||Wankhede Stadium|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Eden Gardens|
|Delhi Capitals||Arun Jaitley Stadium|
|Lucknow Super Giants||BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium|
Owners of IPL 2023 Team
The following paragraphs contain information about each competing team’s Indian Premier League 2023 owners. Any modifications (if any) will thereafter be updated here after the official announcements have been made:
|Punjab Kings||Mohit Burman, Ness Wadia, Preity Zinta, Karan Paul|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Kalanithi Maran|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, Jay Mehta|
|Gujarat Titans||Steve Koltes, Donald Mackenzie, Rolly van Rappard|
|Rajasthan Royals||Manoj Badale, Lachlan Murdoch, Gerry Cardinale, Shane Warne|
|Chennai Super Kings||N. Srinivasan|
|Mumbai Indians||Mukesh Ambani|
|Delhi Capitals||Sajjan Jindal, G. M. Rao|
|Lucknow Super Giants||Sanjiv Goenka|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||United Spirits|
IPL 2023 team captains
Indian Premier League 2023 format: The IPL 2023 captaincy information for each of the participating clubs is provided below. After surviving a nearly catastrophic car accident, Rishabh Pant is in danger of losing the Indian Premier League this season. The Delhi Capitals are therefore expected to announce the identity of their new captain. (New Format and Rules).
Any modifications that have been made (if any) will be updated here following the formal announcements:
|Punjab Kings||Shikhar Dhawan|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Aiden Markram|
|Rajasthan Royals||Sanju Samson|
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni|
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Shreyas Iyer|
|Gujarat Titans||Hardik Pandya|
|Delhi Capitals||David Warner|
|Lucknow Super Giants||KL Rahul|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Faf du Plessis|
IPL 2023: Teams Head Coach
Format: IPL 2023 The following information pertains to the head coaches for each of the participating teams in the Indian Premier League 2023. Any modifications that have been made (if any) will be updated here following the formal announcements:
|Rajasthan Royals||Kumar Sangakara|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Brian Lara|
|Punjab Kings||Trevor Bayliss|
|Chennai Super Kings||Stephen Fleming|
|Gujarat Titans||Ashish Nehra|
|Mumbai Indians||Mark Boucher|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Chandrakant Pandit|
|Delhi Capitals||Ricky Ponting|
|Lucknow Super Giants||Andy Flower|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Sanjay Bangar|
IPL Winners List All Time
The Rajasthan Royals won the Indian Premier League’s debut season. IPL Format 2023. Deccan Chargers Hyderabad — The team that won the season in 2009 has subsequently undergone a name change to Sunrisers Hyderabad and a change in franchise ownership. Indian Premier League champions at the moment are the Gujarat Titans (IPL). They were champions in both their first season and the 2022 season. (New Format and Rules).
Since the league’s first season in 2008, the following teams have prevailed:
|2023||Will Update Soon|
|2021||Chennai Super Kings|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings|
|2009||Deccan Chargers Hyderabad|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
31 march 2023.
The Indian Premier League (IPL), a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India, is in its sixteenth season. The competition, which includes eight teams from various Indian towns, is well renowned for drawing top international athletes and sizable crowds from all over the world.
The IPL 2023 is anticipated to be televised globally on television and online. The competition is regularly televised in India on the Star Sports network and is streamable online through the Disney+ Hotstar service. The competition will be broadcast on a number of cricket-specific television networks and internet streaming sites for those abroad. Closer to the commencement of the competition, more information on IPL 2023’s broadcasting and streaming choices will be released.