On a Monday night, Manchester United hosts Liverpool at Old Trafford in a thrilling Premier League match. Livestream the action on freepsports.
Man United vs Liverpool
– Since a 2-1 victory in March 2018, Manchester United has only triumphed once against Liverpool in their last 12 Premier League encounters (D6 L5). The Red Devils last opponent against whom they went longer without a win in the league was between 1983 and 1987. (10 vs Everton).
– Liverpool aims to defeat Manchester United for the first time in their history by winning three straight away league games and four straight league games overall for the first time since January 2002.
– Since Liverpool’s 1-0 victory at Anfield on MD3 in 2013–14, Man Utd and Liverpool haven’t met in the first three games of a league season. In contrast, this is the teams’ first league match in August since 1972. (2-0 win for Liverpool).
– This is the first time ever that Manchester United and Liverpool will face off in the top division with neither team having won a game prior to the contest (excluding any meetings in the first game of the season). Liverpool, however, hasn’t started a Premier League season with three straight losses since 2012–13.
– Manchester United has only ever lost all three of its opening league games three times: in 1930-1931, 1972-1973, and 1986-1987. – This season, the Red Devils have dropped both of their Premier League contests.
– Since January to March 1972, when they lost seven straight games, Manchester United has lost each of its previous four Premier League games.
– Erik ten Hag might be the only manager of Manchester United to lose each of their first three matches in charge of the team in all competitions, joining John Chapman in 1921.
– Jürgen Klopp will be facing Erik ten Hag as the fifth different Manchester United manager while leading Liverpool. After Tom Watson between 1898 and 1915, the German will be just the second Liverpool manager in history to face as many as five different Man Utd managers.
– Mohamed Salah of Liverpool has scored eight goals in his last four matches against Manchester United in all competitions, including a hat-trick in this particular matchup last season. He has scored six of those goals at Old Trafford. He has scored nine goals overall against the Red Devils and is on pace to become the first Liverpool player to score ten goals against their rivals.
– In both of Manchester United’s two Premier League games so far this season, both Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay have received a caution. In any given season, no Red Devils player has ever received a red card in each of their opening three Premier League contests.